pencil on paper
13 x 25 cm
verso signed and inscribed: V. Preissig sketch for colour etching
verso label of Waldes Picture Gallery No. 1972
and further stamp NGP K5651
- purchased by Jindrich Waldes
- confiscated by the Gestapo in 1939, transferred to the Provincial Gallery and subsequently to the National Gallery in Prague
- deposited in the collections of the National Gallery in Prague, registered under No. K 6288
- 1996 restitution of the National Gallery in Prague (the so-called Waldes Gallery) to the heirs of the factory owner Jindrich Waldes
- significant Prague collection
Consulted with Dr Irena Zantovska Murray HonFRIBA, Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Jiri Machalicky and Vladimir Lekes.
Authenticity certificate enclosed.