Lot 12. Le ciel de pierre
oil on canvas
73 x 92 cm
signed and dated lower right: J. Sima 63
further verso signed, dated, and inscribed upper left: J. Sima 1963 Le ciel de pierre
– collection of Pierre and Séverine Lexert, Italy (purchased directly from the author)
– private collection, Paris
– Josef Sima – Paintings and Drawings, National Gallery in Prague, Wallenstein Riding Hall and Kinsky Palace (May – June 1968), Slovak National Gallery in Bratislava (July – August 1968), Moravian Gallery in Brno (August – September 1968), Exhibition prepared by Frantisek Smejkal in collaboration with Monique Faux and Jean Hugues (Jaromir Zemina was the commissioner of the exhibition)
– Josef Sima – Paintings and Drawings, published by the National Gallery in Prague and the Union of Czechoslovak Artists, 1968, reproduced as no. 151 (pictorial part of the book)
– Frantisek Smejkal, Sima, published by Odeon Prague 1988, reproduced full-page on page 322 as no. 354
Expertise enclosed by the leading expert of Josef Sima’s work and coauthor of his exhibition, Professor Jaromir Zemina (also participating in the famous exhibition of Josef Sima in 1968 at the National Gallery Prague, SNG Bratislava and MG Brno, where the painting Le ciel de pierre was exhibited), enclosed.
Further consulted with Dr Irena Zantovska Murray HonFRIBA, Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Jiri Machalicky and Vladimir Lekes.
This lot cannot be auctioned online.
Please use the auction method: in person,
by phone or by written limit.