Lot 36. Untitled
plaster casting (created as only one original)
9,5 x 21,5 x 29,5 cm
– private collection (acquired by the owner directly from the author)
– Art Hamburg, 09.12.–12.12. 1993, reproduced in the exhibition catalogue
– Lessons of Relativity, 21.09.–16.10. 2016, Zoya Gallery, Bratislava, reproduced in the exhibition catalogue
– Galerie Zdenek Sklenar, 22.11. 2020–16. 01. 2021, Prague
– the work is listed in the Catalogue raisonné of Maria Bartuszova's works, publisher Archive of Maria Bartuszova, Kosice 2022, reproduced no. 449 on page 586
Expertise by Dr Katarina Bajcurova, enclosed.
Consulted by Dr Irena Zantovska Murray HonFRIBA, Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Jiri Machalicky and Vladimir Lekes.
Bartuszova's work ranks among the most original contributions to the history of Czech-Slovak, Slovak and European sculpture. Today she is one of the most appreciated artists of the 20th century.
A well-received exhibition of the oeuvre of Maria Bartuszova is currently underway at Tate Modern London (from 20. 09. 2022 to 16. 04. 2023).