Dubnová aukce v Mánesu
(1871 – 1957)
Elektra at Agamemnov's Grave (study of Errinyi)
3 080 EUR
3 850 - 5 770 EUR
pencil and ink on paper
40,5 x 31 cm
signed lower right "Kupka"
verso ink and pencil drawing: a study of Errinyi
- purchased by Jindrich Waldes directly from Frantisek Kupka
- confiscated by the Gestapo in 1939, moved to the State Gallery and then to the National Gallery in Prague
- deposited in the collections of the National Gallery in Prague, registered under No. W 552 / NG K 5024
- in 1996 the restitution of the National Gallery in Prague (the so-called Waldes restitution) to the heirs of the factory owner Jindrich Waldes
- significant private collection
Consulted with Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Karel Srp, Dr Jiri Machalicky, Aneta Kopecka and Vladimir Lekes.
Confirmation of authenticity by Vladimir Lekes attached.