Dubnová aukce v Mánesu
(1871 – 1957)
Sketch for the Bath
2 690 EUR
3 080–4 620 EUR
pencil on paper
Dimensions: 19 x 15 cm
- purchased by Jindrich Waldes directly from Frantisek Kupka
- confiscated by the Gestapo in 1939, moved to the State Gallery and then to the National Gallery in Prague
- deposited in the collections of the National Gallery in Prague, registered under No. W 1911 / NG K 5033
- in 1996 the restitution of the National Gallery in Prague (the so-called Waldes restitution) to the heirs of the factory owner Jindrich Waldes
- significant private collection
Consulted with Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Karel Srp, Dr Jiri Machalicky, Aneta Kopecka and Vladimir Lekes.
Confirmation of authenticity by Vladimir Lekes attached.