Dubnová aukce v Mánesu
(1871 – 1957)
Figural sketch (Man Lying on the Sidewalk)
1 920 EUR
2 310 - 3 080 EUR
pencil on paper
Dimensions: 10, 5 x 17 cm
verso inscription by hand of the author
verso pencil drawing
- purchased by Jindrich Waldes directly from Frantisek Kupka
- confiscated by the Gestapo in 1939, moved to the State Gallery and then to the National Gallery in Prague
- deposited in the collections of the National Gallery in Prague, registered under No. W 1225 / NG K 5056
- in 1996 the restitution of the National Gallery in Prague (the so-called Waldes restitution) to the heirs of the factory owner Jindrich Waldes
- significant private collection
Consulted with Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Karel Srp, Dr Jiri Machalicky, Aneta Kopecka and Vladimir Lekes.
Confirmation of authenticity by Vladimir Lekes attached.