November auction at Expo 58 ART
1 200 EUR
1 600 - 2 400 EUR
pencil on paper
21 x 22,5 cm
verso numbered and inscribed: "W. 62, 79, F. Kupka, K 9464"
- purchased by Jindrich Waldes directly from Frantisek Kupka
- confiscated by the Gestapo in 1939, moved to the State Gallery and then to the National Gallery in Prague
- deposited in the collections of the National Gallery in Prague, registered under No. W 2194 / NG K 9464
- in 1996 returned by the National Gallery in Prague (the so-called Waldes restitution) to the heirs of the factory owner Jindrich Waldes
- significant private collection
Consulted with Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Jiri Machalicky and Vladimir Lekes.
Confirmation of the authenticity by Vladimir Lekes, author of the Catalogue Raisonné of Oil Paintings by Frantisek Kupka (published in collaboration with Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery, National Gallery in Prague, Austrian National Gallery Belvedere and the copyright holder of the painter by the French state company Adagp Paris) registered in the Guide International des experts et spécialistes, published in France, attached.