Lot 35. CHÂTEAU DE CHASTELLUX
oil on canvas
46 x 55 cm
signed and dated lower left: Maurice, Utrillo, V, 1932
verso old stamp, label of the National Gallery in Prague with registration number O7698, label of Salon de Printemps Societe Royale des Beaux-Arts and another exhibition label from Paris
– collection of the Czech builder Alois Trojan
– confiscated in the 1950s by the Czechoslovak state, placed in the permanent collection of the National Gallery in Prague (registered under no. O7673)
– restitution from the National Gallery in Prague to the rightful heirs
– Société Royale des Beaux-Arts (Section Française), Mars – Avril 1933
– Permanent collection of National Gallery Prague ( till March 18, 2018)
Consulted with Dr Irena Zantovska Murray HonFRIBA, Professor Jaromir Zemina, Dr Jiri Machalicky and Vladimir Lekes.
Authenticity certificate enclosed.